VerotoxinAlternative Names: Shiga-like toxin; SLT-1; VeroPulse; Verotoxin 1; VT-1
Latest Information Update: 23 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator University of Toronto Innovations Foundation
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2005 Suspended - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Feb 2005 Suspended - Preclinical for Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)
- 08 Feb 2005 AlphaRx has terminated its license for verotoxin worldwide