Latest Information Update: 18 May 1998
At a glance
- Originator Celltech Group
- Class Analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 1998 Discontinued-I for Pain in United Kingdom (PO)
- 03 Oct 1995 New profile
- 03 Oct 1995 Phase-I clinical trials for Pain in United Kingdom (PO)