Latest Information Update: 17 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antivirals; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections; Viral haemorrhagic fevers
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Viral haemorrhagic fevers in Argentina (unspecified route)
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in Argentina (unspecified route)
- 26 Feb 1999 A study of anti-Junin virus activity has been added to the antmicrobial activities section