At a glance
- Originator IVAX Drug Research Institute
- Class Antiulcers; Cytoprotectives; Gastric antisecretories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gastric ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Gastric ulcer in Hungary (Unknown route)
- 13 Oct 1995 New profile