At a glance
- Originator CSIC; Karolinska Institute; Rega Institute for Medical Research; Uniroyal Chemical
- Developer Uniroyal Chemical
- Class Antiretrovirals; Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 11 Sep 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Oct 1995 New profile
- 13 Oct 1995 Preclinical development for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)