Respiratory syncytial virus DNA vaccine - Vical
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2002
At a glance
- Originator Vical
- Class Gene therapies; Respiratory syncytial virus vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory syncytial virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Respiratory syncytial virus infections in USA (Injection)
- 19 Dec 2001 Aventis Pasteur is no longer involved in the development of respiratory syncytial virus DNA vaccine
- 27 Nov 2001 This compound is still in active development