IsobutyramideAlternative Names: VX 366
Latest Information Update: 17 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Childrens Hospital of Oakland
- Class Antiarrhythmics; Butyrates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Genetic transcription stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Sickle cell anaemia; Thalassaemia
Most Recent Events
- 06 Oct 1997 Suspended-I for Thalassaemia in Canada (PO)
- 06 Oct 1997 Suspended-II for Thalassaemia in USA (PO)
- 06 Oct 1997 Suspended-I for Sickle cell anaemia in Canada (PO)