At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antidepressants; Benzofurans
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 02 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 24 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Depression in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Aug 1996 Preclinical development for Depression in USA (Unknown route)