BW 2258U89Alternative Names: 2258U89; BW 10; BW2258U89
Latest Information Update: 05 Jan 2009
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antidepressants; Antineoplastics; Appetite stimulants; Oligopeptides
- Mechanism of Action Bombesin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Eating disorders
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Eating disorders in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 08 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 10 Nov 1995 Preclinical development for Eating disorders in United Kingdom (Unknown route)