At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic neuropathies
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic neuropathies (Unknown route)
- 16 Nov 1995 New profile