At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antibacterials; Beta-lactams
- Mechanism of Action Leucocyte elastase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Emphysema
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 1997 No-Development-Reported for Emphysema in USA (PO)
- 29 Nov 1995 New profile
- 29 Nov 1995 Preclinical development for Emphysema in USA (Unknown route)