Interleukin-6 - YedaAlternative Names: IL-6; r-hIL6; Recombinant human interleukin-6; Sigosix®; SJ0031; β2-interferon
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Yeda
- Class Antineoplastics; Interleukins
- Mechanism of Action Natural killer cell stimulants; T lymphocyte stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Haematological disorders; Haematological malignancies; Preleukaemia; Thrombocytopenia
Most Recent Events
- 01 Mar 2000 Suspended-II for Thrombocytopenia in Japan (Unknown route)
- 01 Mar 2000 Suspended-II for Cancer in European Union (Unknown route)
- 01 Mar 2000 Suspended-I for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)