Interleukin-6 - WyethAlternative Names: BSF-2; ILS 969; SDZ ILS 969
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2006
At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Antineoplastics; Interleukins
- Mechanism of Action Interleukin stimulants; Natural killer cell stimulants; T lymphocyte stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Malignant melanoma; Myeloid leukaemia; Ovarian cancer; Preleukaemia; Renal cancer; Solid tumours; Thrombocytopenia
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2006 No development reported - Phase-II for Ovarian cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Feb 2006 No development reported - Phase-I for Solid tumours in USA (IV-infusion)
- 08 Feb 2006 No development reported - Phase-II for Renal cancer in USA (IV-infusion)