At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 14 Aug 1996 Discontinued-II for Depression in United Kingdom (PO)
- 14 Aug 1996 Discontinued-II for Depression in Belgium (PO)