GramicidinAlternative Names: Gramicidin-D
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial sources
- Class Antibacterials; Cyclic peptides; Peptide antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 14 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Transplant rejection in Japan (unspecified route)
- 06 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Transplant rejection in Japan (Unknown route)
- 13 Dec 1995 Preclinical development for Transplant rejection in Japan (Unknown route)