Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Antifungals; Peptide antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Mycoses
Most Recent Events
- 06 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Mycoses in USA (Topical)
- 06 Jul 1998 Profile reviewed
- 14 Dec 1995 Preclinical development for Mycoses in USA (Topical)