At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiacnes; Cholestanes
- Mechanism of Action Cholestenone 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Acne; Alopecia; Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2000 No-Development-Reported for Acne in USA (PO)
- 26 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (PO)
- 13 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Alopecia in USA (PO)