At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glycine NMDA-associated antagonists; NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Epilepsy; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 10 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Neuroprotection in Japan (unspecified route)
- 10 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Epilepsy in Japan (unspecified route)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma