At a glance
- Originator Abbott GmbH & Co. KG
- Developer SSP Co
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antipsoriatics; Corticosteroids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Arachidonic acid inhibitors; Immunosuppressants; Lipocortin synthesis agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Skin disorders
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 2001 BASF's pharmaceutical business has been acquired by Abbott Laboratories
- 02 Dec 1999 SS Pharmaceuticals is now called SSP Co
- 05 Jan 1996 Launched for Skin disorders in Japan (Topical)