At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Developer Banyu
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Beta 3 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 14 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 14 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in Japan (unspecified route)
- 26 Feb 2001 No-Development-Reported for Obesity in Japan (Unknown route)