ArofyllineAlternative Names: LAS-31025
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Almirall-Prodesfarma
- Developer Almirall S.A.
- Class Antiasthmatics; Small molecules; Xanthines
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Bronchitis; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jun 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Europe (PO)
- 05 Apr 2004 No development reported - Phase-I for Asthma in Spain (Inhalation)
- 05 Apr 2004 No development reported - Phase-III for Asthma in Spain (PO)