EfepristinAlternative Names: RPR 106972
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antibacterials; Streptogramins
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Bacterial infections in France (unspecified route)
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis