At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antidepressants; Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Depression in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 28 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 14 Aug 1996 Preclinical development for Depression in United Kingdom (Unknown route)