At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 17 Mar 1999 Discontinued-Clinical for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (PO)
- 26 Feb 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (PO)
- 25 Mar 1996 Phase-I clinical trials for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (PO)