At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antibacterials; Cephalosporins
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jan 2002 Discontinued-Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 01 Feb 1996 New profile