At a glance
- Originator BioCryst Pharmaceuticals; University of Alabama
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Neuraminidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 03 Oct 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Influenza virus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 07 May 2001 Ortho-McNeil and RW Johnson have given 4 months' notice that they intend to terminate their license
- 16 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made