SIB 1663Alternative Names: S 1663; SIB S1663
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease; Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 05 Oct 1998 No-Development-Reported for Schizophrenia in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Oct 1998 No-Development-Reported for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 12 Sep 1996 Preclinical development for Schizophrenia in USA (Unknown route)