5-FluoropyrimidinoneAlternative Names: 5-FP
Latest Information Update: 16 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Developer Nonindustrial source; SuperGen
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Thymidylate synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jul 1997 Phase-I clinical trials for Solid tumours in USA (PO)
- 26 Feb 1996 Preclinical development for Cancer in USA (PO)