At a glance
- Originator LEO Pharma
- Class Bisphosphonates; Calcium regulators; Osteoporosis therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Bone resorption factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malignant hypercalcaemia; Osteitis deformans
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jul 2001 Discontinued-II for Malignant hypercalcaemia in European Union (IV)
- 25 Jul 2001 Discontinued-II for Malignant hypercalcaemia in European Union (PO)
- 25 Jul 2001 Discontinued-II for Osteitis deformans in European Union (PO)