Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2001
At a glance
- Originator American Biogenetic Sciences [CEASED]
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Epilepsy in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Feb 2000 Abbott has licensed worldwide rights to ABS 103
- 02 Feb 2000 Preclinical development for Epilepsy in USA (Unknown route)