MidaxifyllineAlternative Names: IRFI 117; IRFI 117BB
Latest Information Update: 04 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biomedica Foscama
- Class Antipsychotics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Cardiovascular disorders; Kidney disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 20 Oct 2005 Suspended - Preclinical for Kidney disorders in Italy (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2005 Suspended - Preclinical for Cardiovascular disorders in Italy (unspecified route)
- 19 Feb 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Kidney disorders in Italy (unspecified route)