At a glance
- Originator Biosearch Italia
- Class Antibacterials; Antifungals; Antiprotozoals
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections; Protozoan infections; Vulvovaginal candidiasis
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 2005 Vicuron Pharmaceuticals has since been acquired by and merged into Pfizer
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Protozoal infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Vulvovaginal candidiasis in USA (Unknown route)