Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation; Novartis
- Developer Genaera Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Antineoplastics; Antiprotozoals; Peptide antibiotics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Cancer; Protozoan infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 1996 New profile
- 06 Mar 1996 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 06 Mar 1996 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)