At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiasthmatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 22 Mar 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 12 Mar 1996 Preclinical development for Asthma in USA (Unknown route)