PomisartanAlternative Names: BIBR 363
Latest Information Update: 14 Jun 2001
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG
- Class Antihypertensives; Heart failure therapies; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Congestive heart failure in Germany (PO)
- 14 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in Germany (PO)
- 19 Aug 1997 Investigation in Congestive heart failure in Germany (PO)