At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly; Medivir AB
- Developer Eli Lilly
- Class Antiretrovirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 Mar 1996 New profile
- 18 Mar 1996 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)