At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Cyclohexylamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Squalene synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jul 2002 No development reported - Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Dec 1999 Rhône-Poulenc Rorer has merged with Hoechst Marion Roussel to form Aventis Pharma
- 20 Mar 1996 Preclinical development for Hyperlipidaemia in USA (Unknown route)