SolimastatAlternative Names: BB 3644
Latest Information Update: 18 Feb 2004
At a glance
- Originator British Biotech
- Class Antirheumatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Metalloprotease inhibitors; Tumour necrosis factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Colorectal cancer; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 06 Aug 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammatory bowel disease in United Kingdom (PO)
- 06 Aug 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in United Kingdom (PO)
- 11 Oct 2001 Rights to solimastat have been returned to British Biotech by Schering-Plough