Latest Information Update: 04 Nov 1996
At a glance
- Originator Cortex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 04 Nov 1996 Discontinued-Unspecified Phase in Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 17 Apr 1996 New profile
- 17 Apr 1996 Investigation in Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)