Perflubron - LiquiVentAlternative Names: LiquiVent
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Alliance Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Class Fluorocarbons; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane permeability enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acute lung injury; Adult respiratory distress syndrome; Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome; Respiratory tract disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 May 2001 Investigation in Respiratory tract disorders in North America (Inhalation)
- 29 May 2001 Discontinued-III for Acute lung injury in Europe (Intrapulmonary)
- 29 May 2001 Discontinued-III for Acute lung injury in USA (Intrapulmonary)