BR 16AAlternative Names: Mentat
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Punjab University-Chandigarh
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Anxiolytics; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Anxiety disorders; Cognition disorders; Seizures; Sleep disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Sleep-disorders in India (PO)
- 17 Feb 2004 Preclinical trials for Sleep disorders in India (PO)
- 17 Feb 2004 Data presented at the International Congress of Biological Psychiatry (ICBP-2004) have been added to the Anxiety Disorders pharmacodynamics section