Latest Information Update: 26 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator Cephalon
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Nerve growth factor stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 25 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)