IcopezilAlternative Names: CP 118954
Latest Information Update: 05 Sep 2000
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 05 Sep 2000 Discontinued-phase II in Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Sep 2000 Discontinued-phase II in Alzheimer's disease in Japan (Unknown route)
- 23 Nov 1999 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)