Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 1997
At a glance
- Originator Gliatech (CEASED)
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 08 Aug 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 22 Apr 1996 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)