R 91767Alternative Names: 8-Chloro-tibo; R 091767
Latest Information Update: 11 Dec 2000
At a glance
- Originator Janssen L.P.; Tibotec BVBA
- Class Antiretrovirals
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 11 Dec 2000 Discontinued-Clinical for HIV-1 infections in Belgium (PO)
- 29 Oct 1999 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 23 Apr 1996 Investigation in HIV-1 infections in Belgium (PO)