At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim
- Class Antipsychotics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine D1 receptor antagonists; Dopamine D2 receptor antagonists; Dopamine D4 receptor antagonists; Serotonin 1A receptor agonists; Serotonin 2A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 11 Dec 2001 No-Development-Reported for Schizophrenia in Italy (Unknown route)
- 23 Apr 1996 Preclinical development for Schizophrenia in Italy (Unknown route)