At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Anti-ischaemics
- Mechanism of Action Glycine NMDA-associated antagonists; NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 09 Dec 1999 Discontinued-II for Stroke in USA (PO)
- 09 Dec 1999 Discontinued-II for Pain in USA (PO)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed