At a glance
- Originator Hebrew University of Jerusalem; The Hospital for Sick Children; University of Toronto
- Developer Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg; Hebrew University of Jerusalem; The Hospital for Sick Children; University of Toronto; Yissum Research Development Company
- Class Antineoplastics; Tyrphostins
- Mechanism of Action Janus kinase-2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia; Multiple myeloma
Most Recent Events
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 21 Sep 1999 SUGEN has been acquired by Pharmacia & Upjohn
- 20 Aug 1998 Preclinical development for Multiple myeloma in Germany (Unknown route)