At a glance
- Originator Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Developer Epimmune
- Class Antiasthmatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists; T lymphocyte inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Multiple sclerosis; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 26 Apr 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 26 Apr 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Asthma in USA (Inhalation)
- 26 Apr 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (Unknown route)