MPI 5004Alternative Names: IntraDose™-MTX; Methotrexate/epinephrine injectable gel
Latest Information Update: 09 Sep 2009
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antineoplastics; Pterins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Head and neck cancer; Liver cancer; Prostate cancer; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 10 May 1999 Preclinical data have been added to the pharmacodynamics and adverse events sections
- 13 May 1996 Suspended-II for Head and neck cancer in USA (Intratumoural)